- Back Squat 6-8reps @ 80% of 1RM
- Controlled Toe to Bar/Strict(no kip) 12-15 reps
WOD: “Nancy ” (last done 101105)
5 rounds for Time:
- 400 Meter Run
- 15 Overhead Squats 95#/65#
In this episode of “I am MWod”, I want to take a moment and introduce you to one of the greatest strength athletes of a generation, Laura Phelps. Laura trains out of Westside Barbell, in Ohio and about a week ago accomplished some pretty freaky feats of strength.
- World Record Squat; 745 lbs.
- World Record Bench Press 530 lbs
- Deadlift (paltry 525lbs)
- World Record Total 1800lbs
- First Woman to ever total 11x bodyweight.
Oh, and by the way, Laura is a level 10 gymnast.
“Thank you Kelly and mobilitywod.com for making it possible for me to reach a career long goal of an 11x bodyweight total! I would not have been able to overcome my adductor injury and compete at 100% without your help in giving me the most optimal and effective mobility routine. It made a tremendous difference and I will continue to do these stretches and more in all of my training!”