In the past we have tried some challenges that have worked and some that have not. Most of the time the challenge will work for one or two people but not for the masses. We have given a lot of thought as to why this happens. We believe that it is most often one or more of the following reasons
- Lack of accountability
- N0t eating enough food
- Not eating at the right time or in the right amounts.
- Not enough knowledge on what to eat or how to make it
For this reason we have decided that the best way to help everyone become successful in the short term and the long term is to have an 8 week nutrition small group. Here are the nuts and bolts of how it will work!
- No more than 6 people
- Week 1- 1 hour nutrition seminar
- Weeks 2-5 will be 1/2 meetings to go over food journals and ask questions (Meeting times will be based on who is in the group)
- Journals will be mandatory for 5 weeks and due by e-mail 2 days before the meeting
- Week 6-8 there will be no meeting and the journals will be optional but recommended
- This will not necessarily be a Paleo or Zone challenge but based on each person’s needs. Our goal is for this to be the start of a lifetime way of eating…not a New Year’s Resolution.
Topics that will be covered to help you be successful:
- Paleo- Why and How
- Zone- Why and How
- Nutrient timing
What will be expected from you
- Set goals (which can vary for everyone…performance, weight, health, inches, mental)
- Journal for at least 5 weeks
- Share your experience with the group
- Attend the gym at least 3 times a week